Thursday, August 22, 2013

My Writing Process

When i get assigned an essay i normally try to come up with a few ideas right then and there and i write them down on paper. Then over the next couple days i try to come up with an outline. I like to start this process by going to the library after school and start thinking of things i could use in my paper such as evidence from a book or from online sources. If i was able to make an outline that i was happy with then within the next couple of days i would start to begin the essay on paper. I find that writing on paper helps me remember and keep track of more ideas and useful things than if i just started writing it on the computer. However most of the time when i start my essay i only get the introduction done or i have trouble starting the essay and i then procrastinate until a couple days before the paper is due, sometimes the day before. Starting the essay back up after taking a long break is normally where i struggle the most. One reason for this is because sometimes i have a hard time reading my own hand writing so i cant read some of the ideas that i came up with before or i cant remember why i thought the evidence i gave would support my claims. Sometimes i have to find completely new claims and evidence in order to start my paper back up. When i do finally get my paper going i find it easy to finish. One major downside of my writing style is that most of the time i do procrastinate and when that happens i don't have time to revise my essay or have anyone else look over it so mistakes are more frequent. Most of the time i end up turning my paper in with mistakes that could have been avoided.

No comments:

Post a Comment